Age Minimum (with Adult): 16+, Minimum Age:16+
Learning Center Assistant
JOB PURPOSE: Assist with general maintenance and upkeep of the Lending Library and Play Space facilities.
EXPECTATION FOR ALL VOLUNTEERS: Support the agency’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting attitudes of professionalism, collaboration, innovation, respect for coworkers, commitment to our community, and personal accountability.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES: (Elements of this job description will be periodically evaluated and are subject to adjustment by SNCS)
Learning Center: Assist in maintaining the Lending Library and Play Space in a clean, orderly and welcoming fashion; greet and assist visitors in a friendly, helpful and pleasant manner; respond to general guest questions and refer to appropriate staff when necessary.
Occasionally additional assistance is needed for special projects or events.
LIBRARY/PLAY SPACE KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure toys are displayed well and/or stored in their appropriate places
- Inspect all play items for missing parts, damage and overall condition. Work with Program Director to determine suitability, repair and/or replacement options as necessary
- Create picture tags for library items as appropriate
- Assist Program Director with library reorganization, create signage and labels, etc.
- Follow-up via phone or in writing for overdue library items
- In rotation, clean toys in both the Library and Play Space
- Clean surfaces including tables, chairs, bookshelves, etc.
- Vacuum, sweep and spot clean floors as needed
- A desire to help support an organization that assists families, children and childcare providers in our community
- Keyboard/typing skills a plus
- Computer and Microsoft Office skills a plus
- Represent the Agency in a friendly and professional manner
Other duties as assigned dependent upon interest and skill level.
Light to moderate physical exertion associated with the ability to use standard office equipment, lift, carry, push, pull or climb. Must be able to lift and carry objects up to 20 lbs. Must be able to climb stairs, crawl, sit, stand, walk and otherwise physically function as necessary in an office and play space environment to perform requirements of position.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: