Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Railbus Brake/Switchperson - Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum
The Brake/Switchperson is responsible for assisting with the safe and efficient operation of the railbus.
The railbus runs Saturdays during the summer season and other times as needed.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assists the Railbus Docent with loading/unloading and seating of passengers, and ensures all doors are closed with the handles in the “closed” position.
- Rides along on the railbus, getting off at various locations to set switches to the intended direction of travel and then reboarding to be ready for the next switch.
- Must become familiar with and be alert to various switch and derailer configurations and communicate these to the railbus driver (motorperson).
- Assists in turning the railbus around on the turntable at the end of each trip.
- May be requested to perform other duties such as assisting with Museum event set-up and/or clean-up.
- No previous experience is necessary. Training will be provided for all job-related duties.
- Must be able to board and disembark the railbus frequently and walk a few feet to switch locations. Must have sufficient strength to set switches.
- A team-player mentality with a positive attitude and a willingness to get involved are highly desirable.
EXPRESS INTEREST and we'll get in touch!
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: