Book Nook Volunteer
AnimalSave Book Store, 520 East Main Street, Grass Valley, CA 95945
Monday – Saturday 10:00 – 5:00. 3-4 hour shifts. We will work out your specific schedule together.
Position Summary: The bookstore volunteer is an important position that helps generate funds through bookstore sales that are essential to AnimalSave’s animal rescue and adoption program and its low-cost spay/neuter clinic. If you love books and animals, this is the place for you.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Is reliable and dedicated to AnimalSave’s mission
- Sorts, prices, and displays items donated to the bookstore
- Operates the cash register and credit card machine
- Follows established procedures for ensuring items are clean and make a good presentation in the store
- Uses established pricing guidelines and/or researches the internet to determine best price for an item
- Works well with others and is a team player
- Retail or merchandising experience a plus, but not required
- Interest and experience with books, authors and categories
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 20 pounds
- Must be able to stand or sit for several hours
- Training will be provided
- Minimum of 6-month commitment expected
- No drugs, alcohol or use of tobacco/vaping products allowed on premises
Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: