Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Volunteer Driver – Meals on Wheels Program
Under general supervision and guidance from the Nutrition Manager, the Meals on Wheels Volunteer Driver will be delivering meals to homebound participants.
Volunteers can participate in delivering to the same route each week and/or be on-call as substitutes drivers as needed.
Reports to: Nutrition Manager
Hours: 2 - 3 hours per day, once a week (Monday - Friday) or as needed
- Responsible for arriving at the appropriate time for your route
- Assures accurate count and other important information before delivery
- Confirms any special instructions with staff
- Delivers meals in a timely manner (within 2 hours per food safety regulations)
- Document food temperatures
- Follows confidentiality procedures for seniors and agency
- Be aware of possible signs of neglect or abuse. We are mandated reporters and must report all suspected incidents to the proper authorities
- Drivers may also be asked to deliver additional, non-food items such as pet food
- Desire to support in assisting seniors in our community
- Both written and visual (map) driving directions
- Familiar with Nevada County and/or have a GPS
- Patience in dealing with frail older adults
- Use your own vehicle
- Background check clearance
- DMV driving record printout
- Current and valid driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance
- Drivers are eligible for mileasge reimbursement under the program if interested
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: