Volunteer Driver – Meals on Wheels Program
Join the team that is making a difference for older adults in need!
Under direction from the Nutrition Manager, the Meals on Wheels Volunteer Driver is key for helping with delivering meals to homebound participants.
- Meals are delivered every Tuesday and Thursday, and the 2nd Wednesday of every other month.
- Time of deliveries: 10:30am – 1pm
- Volunteers typically drive once a week or as a substitute
- Responsible for arriving at the appropriate time for your route that day
- Assures accurate count and other important information before delivery
- Confirms any special instructions with staff
- Delivers meals in a timely manner (within 2 hours per food safety regulations)
- Document food temperatures
- Follows confidentiality procedures for seniors and agency
- Drivers may also be asked to deliver additional, non-food items such as pet food
- Desire to support in assisting seniors in our community
- Both written and visual (map) driving directions
- Familiar with Nevada County and/or have a navigation app
- Patience in dealing with frail older adults
- Complete application form here
- Use your own vehicle
- Background check clearance
- Complete required online training for all volunteers
- DMV driving record printout
- Current and valid driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance
- Drivers are eligible for mileage reimbursement under the program if interested
Click EXPRESS INTEREST below and we'll be in touch!
Questions? Please email us at email@example.com
Be a part of a team that is making a difference!
Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: