Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Intake and Referral Specialist Volunteer
The Intake and Referral Specialist Volunteer works with the Welcome Home Vets Administrative Team in Grass Valley.
Intake and Referral Specialist duties:
- Meets the immediate needs of veterans and their families by providing referrals, online registration help, and hand-offs to agencies that can meet specific non-mental health needs.
- Interviews and completes intake packet for new Welcome Home Vets clients and ensures assignment to the appropriate WHV contract therapist. This involves entering all client information and preparing a client folder.
- Receptionist duties, such as answering the telephone, taking messages, scheduling appointments, greeting visitors, preparing thank you letters for donations, maintaining the thank you letter database, and generating billing invoices that are sent to the County.
- Provides a welcoming atmosphere for other staff and visitors alike. Has a passion for veterans’ mental health issues and the mental health of their families.
- Completes all work in a timely and accurate manner.
The position has a work schedule of Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, or Fridays from 11-4. The applicant may be requested to work other days based on other volunteers’ schedules. The location is the Veterans Memorial Hall at 255 S. Auburn in Grass Valley. Training will be provided.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: