Age Minimum (with Adult): 21+, Minimum Age:21+
Grass Valley Police Volunteer
Join the Team
The Grass Valley Police Department is actively seeking citizen volunteers interested in joining the GVPD Volunteer Program. Applicants must pass an extensive background process which includes an application, an interview and passing a background check.
Accepted applicants will be issued a GVPD Volunteer uniform and badge, and duties include the following:
- Assisting the Records Department and working the front lobby window
- Assisting with patrolling the downtown parking lots with the authority to issue courtesy warnings
- Conducting residential vacation house checks to prevent burglaries and break-ins
- Working special events like 4th of July, Cornish Christmas, the Toy Run, National Night Out, and many other events
- Enhance Public Safety to help maximize patrol resources
- And much more
Minimum qualifications have been established for acceptance in the GVPD Volunteer Program, which include:
- Minimum age – 21 years old
- Currently live or work in County of Nevada
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Be of good moral character, as determined by a thorough background investigation
- Fingerprint clearance (FBI/DOJ)
- Possess a valid California Driver’s License
- Be in satisfactory medical condition
- Ability to commit 4 hours per week to the program
- Complete required training, if necessary
- Receive overall approval by the Chief of Police
If you are interested or know someone who might be interested, please contact us with any questions about the program. We look forward to hearing from you!
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: