Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
A Friendship Club volunteer tutor will work 1:1 or 1:2 to help pre-teen and/or teenage youth with their schoolwork, increasing the chances they will remain in school and successfully complete their education. All tutor sessions are conducted at The Friendship Club, located at 200 Litton Drive, Suite 308, Grass Valley. Transportation for the youth to The Friendship Club will be provided by either parent, staff or volunteers. Sessions last from 45min to an hour, preferably once a week. Tutor sessions are scheduled while school is in session, and put on hold over school breaks and holidays.
All tutor volunteers are screened and must complete the following:
- submit for a live scan (fingerprinting) as a criminal background check
- sign a non-disclosure agreement
- Enjoy working with pre-teen and teenage youth
- Ability to work 1:1 or 1:2, taking into consideration and adapting to the youth's particular learning style
- Knowledge of and ability to explain academic subjects taught in middle and high schools or of the specific subject being tutored
- Comfort and competence explaining and teaching common core in English and Math
- Wilingness and ability to work in partnership with The Friendship Club staff, the student and the student's parent/guardian
- Patience - youth may not grasp a subject matter, or may be resistant to learning due to difficult circumstances in their lives
- Flexibility - The Friendship Club staff makes every effort to remind youth of their scheduled tutor sessions. Miscommunication can occur resulting in a student failing to show up for a tutor session.
EXPRESS INTEREST in this opportunity and we'll be in touch!
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: