Lobby Greeter Volunteers work in the Eric Rood Administration Center lobby. Under general supervision Lobby Greeter Volunteers greet and provide assistance to the citizens/general public coming to the County building.
- Volunteer Greeters provide customer service that is knowledgeable and courteous
- Volunteer Greeter acts as a principle point of reference and assistance to citizens/general public
- Volunteer Greeters should have a sincere desire to communicate effectively and provide assistance as needed.
- Volunteer Greeter responsibilities normally last for 1 to 4 hours in length
- Volunteer Greeters should always act as ambassadors of Nevada County and are expected to speak positively regarding County services and staff
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be available to answer questions and direct people to a department, meeting or event
- ID volunteer badge must be worn at all times
- Greeters should greet citizens cheerfully and sincerely
- Answer questions and provide information as needed
- Provide directions to the appropriate department to get a question answered or problem resolved
PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Ability and enthusiasm for working with the public
- Ability to articulate with clear speaking voice
- Must be able to use the computer on a basic level, read directions, search the Internet for information.
- Greeters must be able to sit at a desk
- Dependable, reliable and responsible
- Works well with minimal supervision and structure
- Ability to process written and spoken information
- Polite, poised, patient, friendly and even-tempered
- At times, ability to deal with unpleasant or impolite participants and complaints
- Ability to put people at ease
- Work in a friendly non-competitive environment
- Contribute to the success of the community
- Feel valued and appreciated for volunteer service
- Learn about County functions and service offerings
EXPRESS INTEREST in this opportunity and we'll get in touch with you about next steps.Or call 530-265-1703.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: