Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Events Committee Member
The Events Committee discusses ideas for events and plans the details of the events at the North Star House, 12075 Auburn Rd, Grass Valley, CA.
Within the committee, one or more people will take the lead on a particular event, i.e. “Produce” it. The Events Committee has a monthly meeting on a weekday, at the North Star House. There may be additional time for planning events depending on your level of involvement in each event.
We do several different types of events at our venue.
- Fundraisers: One or more major event per year to raise money to support the restoration of The North Star House. These typically include music or entertainment, food and beverages, and sometimes a raffle or other activity. Several individuals will take responsibility for different aspects of these larger events.
- Educational lectures: We bring speakers to the House several times per year to present interesting talks. While there is setup and cleanup required, these are smaller events and we have done enough that we have a good routine set up. These lectures are part of our commitment to serve the community.
- Presenting musicians, plays, or other entertainment. Each of these events have their own special requirements including: staging, electronics, seating, etc.
Bring your ideas and enthusiasm to join a fun group of people who plan our events.
Responsibilities and Duties
Fulfill whatever commitments you make for an event. If you are assuming responsibility for a type of task you have never done before, you will have one or more mentors to help you.
While prior event-planning experience is nice, the primary qualification is enjoying working with others, thinking of new ideas, and using the beautiful North Star House for the benefit of the community.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: