Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Garden Crew for Heritage Garden
The Heritage Garden Crew committee is charged with maintaining all aspects of the garden and hardscape at the North Star House, assuring that it is an asset to this historic property. This is a new garden created in tribute to A.D. Foote, the original owner and well-regarded amateur horticulturist, as well as to Julia Morgan the architect of the North Star House.
The hours will vary according to our schedule, primarily spring through fall. We anticipate a commitment of about ten hours per month. You may be interested/skilled in one or more of the listed duties.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Gardening! Pruning, weeding, planting, growing, watering.
- Maintenance of hardscape: staining shade structure, fence and entrance; organizing and maintaining the shed; maintenance of the small pond; general clean-up of the area; maintenance of the irrigation system.
- Rotating supervision of the garden during the spring through fall to check on the irrigation system and general health of the plants and to water if necessary.
- Participation in planning for the future of the garden.
- Volunteers will register with the North Star House.
- Gardening experience is most welcome but not necessary.
- We need a member with expertise in irrigation systems.
- Volunteers will be working out of doors.
- Volunteers should have access to email.
- Expertise with roses will be helpful to volunteers who would like to work with our small subcommittee dedicated to maintaining our heritage roses.
EXPRESS INTEREST and we'll get in touch.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: