Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Animal Socializer for Farm Animal Sanctuary
Animal Socializer for Farm Animal Sanctuary – Level 1, Mentored
Location: Animal Place’s Main Sanctuary, Grass Valley
Objectives: Companionship for rescued animals, developing trusting relationships, allows animals to be more open to human affection, and provides better educational opportunities for sanctuary guests.
Training and Supervision: Attend General Orientation and Socializer Training, reports to volunteer mentor and animal care staff upon check-in
- Socialize with goats, rabbits, sheep, and chickens and provide them with human companionship
- Options: feed them species-specific, staff-approved treats, talk to them, provide physical connection as allowed by individual animals, and groom them
- Interest in working for and with farmed animals
- Sensitive to behavioral cues of animals
- Reliable and dependable
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Able to follow detailed instructions
- Team player and self motivator
- Committed to Animal Place’s mission and a desire to be a part of the Animal Place community
Time Commitment: Minimum of two 2-hour shifts per month for three months.
Shifts: Mon-Sat, anytime 10:00am-4:00pm
Benefits: Hang out with rescued farmed animals! Learn more about farmed animal behavior and the individual personalities and needs of sanctuary residents.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: