Age Minimum (with Adult): 12+, Minimum Age:18+
Food Bank of Nevada County Overview of Volunteer Opportunities
FOOD BANK OF NEVADA COUNTY WELCOMES VOLUNTEERS TO HELP WITH...
- Food packing and sorting
- Office and administrative support
- Summer lunch program
- Food distribution sites
- Warehouse assistance
- Driving and deliveries
- Annual food drives, fundraising, and special events
FOOD PACKING AND SORTING: A very important task of volunteer duties at the Food Bank is the packing and sorting of donated bulk food. This includes inspecting, cleaning, sorting, and preparation of special food boxes. This is all part of preparing donations for distribution. FOOD PACKING--Volunteer Days & Hours: Tuesdays and Thursdays, from 9:00 am to noon.
FOOD DISTRIBUTIONS: Our organization has five Food Distribution Outreach sites in Nevada County where our volunteers come to help allocate food to families and individuals in need. Volunteers also help get food to cars, clean up distribution sites, and assist with giving food away. Those interested in Volunteering—may fill out the Volunteer Application. We can then assist you in finding a distribution location and time to volunteer. You can view the times and locations on our Monthly Distribution Page.
SUMMER LUNCH PROGRAM: From time to time, the Food Bank looks for help from reliable drivers, during the summer, for the Children’s Summer Lunch Program. There is also a need for extra help preparing and packing of the summer lunches and then delivering them to our local children in need. This is a valuable and great opportunity for local students to fulfill volunteer hours and get more involved in their community. SUMMER LUNCH--Volunteer Days & Hours: Monday-Friday 11:45-12:45.
VOLUNTEER PROCEDURES & INFORMATION
- Volunteers need to have a current Volunteer Application on file.
- The minimum age to volunteer is 12 years old. Volunteers between the ages of 12-15 must volunteer with an adult, and volunteers 16-17 years of age must volunteer with parental permission.
- The Food Bank expects individuals to report and work as scheduled. Volunteer hours will be recorded on a project log-sheet located in our warehouse. It is mandatory and important that all volunteers sign in.
- The Food Bank helps our volunteers select a task or duty that matches their interests as well as fulfilling the needs of the Food Bank. Our goal is to work with volunteers to make their experiences positive and rewarding.The Food Bank makes every effort to provide safe working conditions.
If you want to join the Food Bank team, please download and fill out the Volunteer Application and fax to: 530-272-7085 or mail to: Food Bank of Nevada County, 310 Railroad Ave #100, Grass Valley, CA 95945. Or EXPRESS INTEREST and we'll get in touch!
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: