Event Coordinator - Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum
The Event Coordinator for the Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum in Nevada City plans, organizes, and executes special events held at the Museum, utilizing notes that specify previous event details and outcomes as well as bringing their own knowledge and experience to the task.
While the biggest and most visible event at the Museum is its annual Christmas party, there are other occasions throughout the year for which the Event Planner will have responsibility, such as the annual Volunteer Appreciation Dinner.
The time commitment and schedule will vary.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Plans, organizes, and executes events for the NCNGRR Museum. Much planning and organizing can be done from home, but periodically being present at the Museum is encouraged to develop working relationships with other volunteers.
- Solicits and coordinates assistance from volunteer museum staff and others to ensure necessary resources and manpower are available.
- Assigns tasks to event volunteers.
- Coordinates with Publicity Coordinator to ensure adequate event notification is provided to various media.
- Attends monthly Board and General Staff meetings to report on event planning and progress, and to stay informed of new opportunities for additional events.
- Previous party/event planning experience is helpful but not required. Should possess good organizational and delegation skills and the ability to ask others for assistance.
- A team-player mentality with a positive attitude and a willingness to get involved are highly desirable.
- Must have the ability to think quickly and react to unexpected situations occurring during an event.
- Must be physically able to set up and take down event set-ups involving lifting and carrying approximately 25-30 lbs.
EXPRESS INTEREST and we'll get in touch!
Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: