Age Minimum (with Adult): 15+, Minimum Age:18+
Gift Shop Volunteer – Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum
Gift shop volunteers at the Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum in Nevada City greet museum visitors and provide assistance with gift shop purchases. They also follow procedures to open the register at the beginning of the day and/or close the register at day’s end.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Greets NCNGRR museum visitors and asks them to sign the guest register. Arranges for docent-led tours for visitors.
- Assists with gift shop purchases by showing merchandise and answering questions.
- Utilizes a cash register and credit card machine to record sales.
- Performs opening and/or closing procedures on cash register, counting the drawer and accounting for the day’s sales.
- Takes railbus reservations for visitors in person and by phone.
- May be requested to perform other duties such as event set-up or opening/closing procedures of the museum.
- Regular volunteer shifts of as little as 3 hours per week may be arranged.
- No previous retail experience required. On-the-job training and support are provided.
- Must have good basic arithmetic skills—adding, subtracting—and be able to use a calculator.
- A team-player mentality with a positive attitude and a willingness to get involved are highly desirable.
EXPRESS INTEREST and we'll get in touch!
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: