Railbus Brake/Switchperson - Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum
The Brake/Switchperson is responsible for assisting with the safe and efficient operation of the railbus.
The railbus runs Saturdays during the summer season and other times as needed.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assists the Railbus Docent with loading/unloading and seating of passengers, and ensures all doors are closed with the handles in the “closed” position.
- Rides along on the railbus, getting off at various locations to set switches to the intended direction of travel and then reboarding to be ready for the next switch.
- Must become familiar with and be alert to various switch and derailer configurations and communicate these to the railbus driver (motorperson).
- Assists in turning the railbus around on the turntable at the end of each trip.
- May be requested to perform other duties such as assisting with Museum event set-up and/or clean-up.
- No previous experience is necessary. Training will be provided for all job-related duties.
- Must be able to board and disembark the railbus frequently and walk a few feet to switch locations. Must have sufficient strength to set switches.
- A team-player mentality with a positive attitude and a willingness to get involved are highly desirable.
EXPRESS INTEREST and we'll get in touch!
Arts & Culture
Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: