Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Census Outreach Volunteer for Connecting Point
Every 10 years, the U.S. Census Bureau attempts to count every person in the United States. You can help make Nevada County count!
Essential services throughout Nevada County rely on federal funding that is based on the information collected during the Census. These include schools, roads, fire and disaster response, housing, and social services for seniors, children, and families. Census numbers also determine political representation.
Census Day is April 1st and Connecting Point is coordinating local outreach for the 2020 Census. We are seeking volunteers who work as part of a team to promote the Census throughout Nevada County. Schedule will vary and hours may range from 2-10 per week.
This volunteer position will last through July 2020 but could be extended.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Help distribute materials to community partners
- Staff an informational table at events
- Distribute informational door hangers at apartment complexes
- Answer Census-related questions and assist residents in accessing their Census form
- Fluency in both English and Spanish highly desired
- Public speaking and community engagement experience a plus
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and respectfully, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work effectively with staff, partners, and community members
- Must be 18 years of age or older
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
Speech and hearing to communicate in person and by telephone; vision to read handwritten and printed materials and a computer screen. Some light lifting and walking/rolling may be required.
EXPRESS INTEREST and we'll get in touch about details!
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: