Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
COVID-19 California Health Corps
Health professionals, California needs you!
California is responding to an increase in the number of people who urgently need health care due to the COVID-19 outbreak. To relieve the pressure on our health care system, we’re reallocating health care professionals throughout California to treat people affected by COVID-19, while also ensuring non COVID-19 cases get the proper care they need.
To ensure adequate staff for health care sites throughout California, we’re calling on healthcare professionals to register today.
- Physicians (MD, DO), including medical residents and students
- Nurse practitioners
- Physician assistants
- Nurses (RN, LVN, CNA), including nursing students
- Behavioral health professionals (psychiatrist, psychiatric technicians psychologist, psychiatric nurse practitioner, LCSW, LMFT, LPCC)
- Respiratory therapists
- Medical assistants
- Emergency medical technicians
You will be paid and will be given malpractice insurance coverage. Locations will vary, but we will try to match your geographical preferences.
You have the opportunity to play a critical role in responding to this public health emergency in your region. To care for Californians who need your help, please sign up.
What does it take to register for disaster service with the California Health Corps?
1. During the online registration process, you will be asked to enter information regarding your license (if applicable).
2. Enter information about the best way to contact you, and other relevant background information.
3. Once you've registered, your credentials will be validated so that you can be deployed quickly and efficiently. Your information will only be viewed by authorized system managers.
Once I'm registered, what happens next?
1. During a State or national disaster, (e.g., an earthquake severe weather event, or public health emergency), this system will be accessed by authorized medical/health officials at the State Emergency Operations Center or your county.
2. If a decision is made to request your service, you will be contacted using the information you enter on the site. If you agree to deploy, your information will be forwarded to the appropriate field operational officials.
Go to https://healthcarevolunteers.ca.gov/agreement.php to register.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: