Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Delivery Drivers-Groceries for Older Adults & People with Disabilities
Small commitment, BIG difference!
Volunteer drivers are needed to deliver grocery food bags to older adults and people with disabilities who are in need. By volunteering just one day a week for less than two hours, you can make a huge difference in the lives of these people who are at higher risk of contracting COVID-19. Deliveries are no-contact - you just leave the bag at the door. This helps keep clients, drivers, and the wider community safe.
What: Deliver groceries to older adults and people with disabilities
When: Tuesdays and/or Thursdays, 8:30-10am
- Tuesdays - Pick up at Food Bank of Nevada County warehouse, 310 Railroad Avenue, Suite 100, Grass Valley, CA 95945, then deliver to clients.
- Thursdays - Pick up at regular FBNC distribution site at the Seventh Day Adventist church, 12889 Osborne Hill Rd, Grass Valley, CA 95945, then deliver to clients.
- Age 18 or older
- Abide by all Food Bank of Nevada County processes and protocols, including special provisions for COVID-19 safety
- Pass a background check
- Able to lift bags and boxes
- Have your own car, driver's license, and auto insurance
- You can be reimbursed for mileage
If you would like to volunteer, EXPRESS INTEREST and we'll be in touch!
Individuals who need this delivery service can dial 211 to speak to a call agent 24/7 or call Food Bank of Nevada County at 530-272-3796.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: