Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Youth Hub Volunteer - Distance Learning Center
The Youth Hub is a free distance learning center for students who need a reliable internet connection in order to participate effectively in a remote setting to complete their schoolwork. Located at the Nevada County Fairgrounds' Main Street Center, the hub is open for students Monday - Friday, 8:15am-2:00pm. Supervision is provided by Bright Futures for Youth staff. Volunteers work at the direction of BFFY staff to keep the hub running smoothly and safely.
We are looking for a volunteers to fill 1 shift per week day from 11:00am - 2:30pm. Your orientation will take place on the first day of volunteering by the Site Supervisor. Duties include: chaperoning students who want to take a break from their studies by walking the fairground paths or sitting in the fenced in outdoor area provided for the youth hub. Serving pre-prepared lunches & cleaning up. Wiping down surfaces and chairs after the youth hub closes at 2pm. It is recommended volunteers bring a good book or their laptop as there are periods of downtime.
A Youth Hub volunteer is a well-qualified, caring adult whose responsibility is to help supervise and implement a distance learning program at the Nevada County Fairgrounds’ Main Street Center. This center is serving multiple school districts, including Nevada Joint Union High School District students who opt out of its hybrid model, as well as those youth who do not currently have an internet connection at home, or an unreliable connection that prevents them from participating effectively in distance learning.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Check students in/out using a specific procedure
- Chaperone students who desire to walk the fairground paths for a break
- Supervise students playing outside in a clearly designated enclosed space
- Serve a pre-prepared lunch & clean up
- Clean and sanitize following a checklist
- Weekday shifts are 11:00am-2:30pm
Skills & Qualifications
- Enjoy working with elementary age and teenage youth
- Good social and people skills
- Ability to display enthusiasm towards all students and encourage participation in distance learning
- Willingness and ability to work in partnership with The Bright Futures for Youth Site Supervisor
Lines of Communication
- Youth Hub Volunteers will work with the Community Engagement Manager to be screened as a volunteer as a prerequisite to serve
- Youth Hub Volunteers will be oriented and take direction from The Bright Futures for Youth Site Supervisor
- Complete successfully The Bright Futures for Youth volunteer screening process with the help of the Community Engagement Manager
- We want you to be successful
- As challenges arise, BFFY Site Supervisor is your resource for issue resolution
- Please be willing to partner with us to work through issues you may encounter
- Opportunity to help youth succeed in their studies in an encouraging environment
- Opportunity to contribute to the growth of youth who are moving toward fulfilling their potential
- Be a part an effective organization that is making the community a better place to live
Please EXPRESS INTEREST and we'll be in touch, or contact the Community Engagement Manager to apply at 530-265-4311 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: