Kitchen Host - Emergency Day Respite Center - TRUCKEE
The Emergency Day Respite Center (EDRC), operated by North Tahoe-Truckee Homeless Services, provides a safe space for unhoused and under-housed people to access basic human necessities. The EDRC is open on Tue, Wed, and Thu from 1-5pm and offers showers, laundry, and meals along with access to case management for other needs and longer term supports.
The NTTHS Program Manager has basic supplies in the kitchen and Kitchen Host volunteers lined up to provide meals. Warm meals will be provided when possible. Unlimited water, coffee, milk, orange juice, cereal, bread, oatmeal, and donated snacks will always be available.
* Food handler gloves are available in the kitchen but not required, though washing your hands thoroughly and frequently is required.
Lunch is served from 1-5pm
- Upon arrival – Check in with staff for any updates. Please wash your hands and put on a mask before handling or serving any food. Mask should be worn throughout your entire shift at the Day Center.
- Lunch typically will have already arrived from Sierra Senior Services. Upon arrival, turn oven on to 170 degrees and place meals in the oven to keep warm.
- Offer meal to guest with napkin and silverware.
- Guests may ask for as much fruit and snacks as needed. Kitchen Hosts will hand out fruit and snacks to avoid multiple hands on the same items. Please inform the NTTHS Program Manager if snacks or fruit are running low in inventory.
- Continue to prepare and serve coffee, tea, juice, and milk.
- Check refrigerator for leftover lunch meals (should all be available to use).
- In the food cupboard you will find oatmeal, black tea, hot chocolate, and snacks for guests to take.
- Once lunch and clean up is complete, please provide assistance to hosts, staff, and guests as needed.
- If extra food is available, offer additional meals to-go around 4:45pm. Any extra lunches should be placed in the fridge.
- Load and start dishwasher at the end of lunch service.
- Wipe serving areas down with a bleach cleaner or Clorox wipes after lunch concludes. Mask and gloves should be worn during cleaning.
- Empty trash cans in bathrooms as needed
- Empty trash can in dining room or kitchen as needed.
- Sweep the kitchen and dining area as needed
Click EXPRESS INTEREST below and we'll be in touch! Thank you.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 1+, Minimum Age:18+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: