General Volunteers and Interpreters Needed For Free Healthcare Clinic
Volunteer for the California CareForce 2022 Nevada County FREE Healthcare Clinic!
NO HEALTHCARE EXPERIENCE NECESSARY
California CareForce promotes the health and well-being of those in need through volunteer supported, no-cost healthcare clinics across California. Since 2011, more than 18,000 volunteers have provided free healthcare services to more than 38,600 individuals, delivering $15 million worth of care, through our clinics. California CareForce has held clinics in Oakland, Sacramento, the Coachella Valley, the Sierra foothills, and the Greater Los Angeles area.
General volunteers are needed for the following:
- Clinic set-up & tear-down support
- Help check-in volunteers
- Register patients
- Stock supplies
- Translate/Interpret for patients (Spanish speaking is a plus!)
- Sterilize dental supplies
- Make glasses in the Vision lab
- Escort patients from section to section
- Patient line control
- Check patients out
- Various other roles!
General volunteers do not need any healthcare experience to participate - we just ask that you be friendly, patient, and willing to help! Volunteers do not have to commit to the entire weekend event but we do ask that volunteers try to commit to at least one full clinic day. Volunteer check-in & orientation times vary based on assigned role and clinic section. The earliest group of volunteers generally arrive at 5:20am and the last group arrive at 7:15am. We strongly encourage arriving on time so that you don't miss your orientation but if you must arrive late, or leave early, we'll do our best to accommodate your schedule. Please note, you may not be assigned your preferred role if you arrive late or leave early.
Coffee, lunch, and snacks are provided. All volunteers will receive a T-shirt and certificate of service.
Our plug-and-play environment, complete with all the equipment and supplies you'll need, makes volunteering easy. You'll love being a part of our community of caring, dedicated volunteers in addition to improving the quality of life of those in need of access to basic healthcare in Nevada County and beyond.
Volunteer registration is open. Please register to volunteer at: www.californiacareforce.org/Clinics/Clinic-Registration
Below are our COVID-19 safety protocols & procedures:
- All patients and volunteers will undergo a COVID-19 screening process consisting of a questionnaire & temperature check
- Any patient or volunteer with positive COVID-19 symptoms (temp over 100.4 or answered "yes" to symptom question) will not be allowed entrance into the clinic and will be referred for follow-up care.
- All patients and volunteers will need to either show proof of vaccination or proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 24 hours of receiving services, or volunteering, at the clinic
- If the patient or volunteer cannot provide proof of either, we will test them onsite (limited testing will be available at our clinic)
- All patients and volunteers will be required to wear an N95 mask in the clinic area (except for patients during dental treatment and/or medical exam)
- If a patient or volunteer only has a cloth face covering or surgical mask, an N95 will be provided
For more information on all our COVID-19 safety protocols & procedures, participants can also visit our website at: California CareForce > COVID-19.
We need general volunteers in ALL capacities! Please share this opportunity with friends, family, or anyone else you know who enjoys giving back to the community. If you would like a printable PDF flyer, you can request one by emailing Sarina at email@example.com.
Click EXPRESS INTEREST below and we'll get in touch.
Or register to volunteer directly at: www.californiacareforce.org/Clinics/Clinic-Registration
Age Minimum (with Adult): 16+, Minimum Age:18+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: